Originally published on Savvy Auntie.
By Beth Maisano and A. Noelle, Sweet Creations by Beth
Surprise your favorite Auntie this Auntie’s Day on July 28 with her very own celebratory cupcake in a jar! This cute and delectable “peachy-keen cupcake” is peach-flavored, topped with a cinnamon buttercream frosting, drizzled with a peach compote, and jam-packed with that special ingredient: LOVE for your special Auntie!
1 1/2 cups Flour
1/4 tsp. Baking Soda
1/4 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Coarse Salt
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1 stick (1/2 cup) Unsalted Butter (room temperature)
1 cup Sugar
2 Eggs (room temperature)
1/2 cup Applesauce
2 Large Diced Peaches
5 Large Egg Whites
1 cup + 2 tsp. Sugar
4 sticks Unsalted Butter (room temperature)
1 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
2 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1 cup Water
1 cup Sugar
1 pinch of salt
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
2 Diced Peaches
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In medium bowl, combine dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon). Set aside.
3. With standing mixer on medium speed, beat butter and sugar until pale and fluffy (about 2 minutes). Add eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
4. Reduce speed to low and add dry ingredients in two batches, alternating with the applesauce and beating until combined after each addition.
5. Remove from mixer and mix in peaches with spatula.
6. Pour batter into a large ziploc bag, cut off the tip, and pipe into mason jars until desired amount is reached. (Remember, the cake will rise a bit.)
7. Bake mason jars (without lid) directly on the oven rack (or cookie sheet if you’d like) for about 30 minutes. Check doneness with toothpick.
1. Heat a few inches of water in a saucepan. Bring to simmer.
2. In the bowl of a standing mixer, combine egg whites, sugar and salt. Whisk ingredients while holding bowl over the saucepan (water should NOT be touching the bowl). Whisk until ingredients are warm and smooth/rubbery, and sugar is dissolved.
3. Remove from heat and whisk on medium-high speed until peaks form. Reduce speed to medium and add butter, in small amounts. Add vanilla and cinnamon. Beat until the consistency looks like cottage cheese, switch to paddle attachment and beat for a couple minutes till desired consistency is reached.
4. Transfer frosting to piping bag with desired tip, and pipe onto cupcakes once they have cooled. Sprinkle with a pinch of cinnamon.
1. In small saucepan, combine water, sugar, salt, and vanilla. Bring to simmer and add peaches. Remove from heat and let cool. Remove peaches and simmer syrup until it reduces to about half (about 8 minutes). Return peaches to syrup and let cool before topping on cupcakes.
Once cupcakes are completed, seal lid on mason jar and freeze. Decorate jar by tying a spoon to the lid and send as Next-Day Shipping to your favorite Savvy Auntie!
DIY Cupcake Jar
Try out some of these budget-friendly decorating ideas for your mason jar!
-Line the lower half of the jar with rope, twine, or a peach-colored ribbon (to match the cupcake’s flavoring).
-Cover the lid with a small piece of peach-colored cloth and tie it off with a ribbon or rope.
-Glue an artificial flower (Auntie’s favorite) to the top of the lid.
-Wrap and glue lace around the lower half of the jar.
-Tie a small copy of the recipe onto the jar for more baking fun later.
-Dip the lower half of the jar in chalkboard paint and personalize it with colored chalk.
-Purchase glass writing pens and leave a personalized message or quote directly on the jar.
Beth’s Creations DIY Cupcake Jar (as seen in photos)
-Paste a print-out of a Savvy Auntie ecard or poster onto the jar’s lid, and tie a spoon to the jar with a ribbon.
Happy Auntie’s Day!
Sweet Creations by Beth has blossomed over these past few years, but it has always been grounded on a passion for baking and creating desserts that are both delicious AND gorgeous! Starting out as a fun hobby and growing rapidly through Facebook and word of mouth, Sweet Creations by Beth has graduated from cupcakes to fantastical cakes, cookies, pastries and more. If you can dream it, Beth can make it! Like Sweet Creations by Beth on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/sweetcreationsbybeth1 or email email@example.com.
Photo: Courtesy of Sweet Creations by Beth